Wednesday, August 18, 2010

'wichcraft











I've been a Top Chef fan for sometime now. It's probably my favorite show on TV these days; if it wasn't for this show I would have probably dropped my Satellite along time ago. Suffice it to say, I was very excited to try Tom Colicchio's sandwich shop 'wichcraft, which is a play on names after his very successful Craft restaurants as well as a more affordable shop for us "regulars" to enjoy. 

The interior of the place looked like Tom had hired Pink Berry's designer to do his makeover. Though you probably couldn't tell by the pictures I posted, everything was neon greens mixed with light wood. Honestly, great decor for yogurt but not so much for a sandwich shop.

The sandwiches were not all that great either. I ordered the slow roasted pork with red cabbage and jalepenos on a ciabatta roll. Sounds exquisitely tasty, right? Turns out not so much. The pork was dry and the only thing that had and flavor was the jalepenos.  

My wife for some odd reason my wife chose the egg concoction above. She was unimpressed and thought it was only slightly above an egg McMufffin. 

In The words of Mr. Colicchio, "The food just wasn't that good and it was not properly executed."

In the words of Top Chefs other host Padma, "Tom, please pack your knives and go."

0 comments: