Monday, August 16, 2010

Cirque Du Soleil's -Love

While in Las Vegas we went to see Cirque du soleil's LOVE. The show is centered around the Beatle's music and is a loose interpretation of the Beatle's biography from their early days to the band's breakup. 

We decided to wait until we got to Las Vegas to pick up tickets for a show. It was a gamble, but it paid off. I wasn't sure which Cirque show to see, but this was certainly at the top of my list. However, I thought I would see whichever show was being offered at a discount. Some of my co-workers had suggested checking out Tix 4 tonight. One of my co-workers had been to Vegas the week before and told me there was a couple of Cirque shows being offered, but to get there early. So immediately after we arrived at our Hotel we headed across the street to find some tickets. The line was building up and was already out the door. I was honestly surprised to see they were offering Love tickets at a whopping 40 percent discount (and yes! I checked the standard show rates prior online prior to purchasing tickets). So, we quickly snatched out seats up. 

The only thing I thought was a negative at the time of purchasing tickets was that the ticket agent showed me my seats and I thought they were really high up for the price I was paying. But when we entered the theater my worries were dispelled. We were only six rows behind the stage. Honestly, I think all the seats had a pretty descent view and we probably could have gotten away with purchasing cheaper seats. 

The show itself was... well, it was a Cirque show, so you know, it's was amazing. Very well thought out, visually stunning, whacky characters, and too top it off it it had Beatle's  music. What more could you ask for? My wife and I loved it. If there were not other Cirque shows in town to see then I would probably say I would go back again. But since this was our first Cirque experience, I will probably venture out to the other ones (when we come back in ten years). 




Pictures were not allowed in the Theater, but I snapped this quick pic on the way out.


1 comments:

Rose Starr said...

I've seen one Cirque show here in Denver a few years ago. It was amazing!!! I cannot wait to see another one :) So glad you and Kellee enjoyed it!