Sunday, August 22, 2010

Gondola at the Venetian











I knew before we came to Las Vegas that hitching a ride on the gondola, at the Venetian, was a must for us. Our ride almost got scratched from the list, but at the last minute we made work. It should be noted that there are actually two gondola rides at the Venetian hotel; one outside which does a weird little circle 8 or something and then the one on the second story which travels through the heart of the mall and back with fake mood lighting for effect. We opted for the inside ride; lovely, romantic and pricey! Almost as pricey as the cab fare in the city. The 10  minute ride was a whopping $16 a person- that's a little over half the cost of a romantic helicopter ride over the city... not including tip and the company trying to sell you a photo at an outrageous cost (even our tour guide warned us to stay away from purchasing a picture).

I'm complaining a little, when overall I enjoyed the ride. Our guide stayed in character with accent and all; sang us a couple songs, told a couple jokes, and even invaded our photos. It was a lovely stroll and I can finally say I did it, but I can also finally say I would probably never do it again, simply because the cost was too high.

0 comments: