Monday, July 14, 2008

Crooked Street

After checking out Coit Tower, we immediately walked to Lombard street; otherwise known as the crookedest street on the planet. This of course is a lie! It's not even the crookedest street in San Francisco. There is a less popular street that has Lombard beat hands down, but Lombard is in the tourist part of town, so it steals all the thunder. If I would have known about the other street prior to our trip, I would have walked that one instead.

In the first couple of pictures you can see the street that we walked from Coit tower to Lombard. It was a direct route, but very tiring. The picture where I'm on the ground is right before the curves of Lombard. I was already worn out from walking to the half way mark (I'm sure scaling Telegraph Hill didn't help matters). I don't really remember why, but for some reason we walked this hill twice in a couple of hours. I think I forgot the phone and wanted to send a picture to Faith of me and Pooh. Anyways, once was enough.


Are you kidding me??!!
A view from Lombard and the rarity of J.A. Deane taking a picture










0 comments: