Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Devil's Postpile


On our trip to Mammoth with my family (and Aunt Kim, Uncle John, and AJ), the one place that was really a set destination for us was The Devil's Postpile. I saw these 60 ft. columnar Basalt formations in the Los Angeles Times magazine (that part of the newspaper is now defunct) and thought it would be an interesting sight to behold. However, two trips to convict lake and I still had not taken the trip, so during our visit I made sure this was on our to do list. As I remember, you had to pay a couple bucks per person to  take you down by bus to the location (I think they're trying to limit the traffic that goes through the area), but afterwards getting to the formations were relatively easy. Due to a maintained trail, we were even able to take my daughter's stroller. 

0 comments: