Sunday, December 2, 2007

The Griffith Observatory

Well, I realize that it has been some time since I have posted any relevant blogs and for some reason I have not put any of of our trips with the Deanes while they were vacationing, so I have finally decided to write my wrong. Almost a year ago, we went with Jonathan, Jonathan X, and Father-in law Dennis to the Griffith Observatory. It was a beautiful January day during the middle of the week and the place was packed...so if you plan on going be sure to get your tickets a week or two in advance.


James Dean


We parked at the base of the hill and planned on taking the tram up to the observatory (this is the typical route), however this did not sit well with Jonathan; not when there are trails to hike! So there we went covering switchbacks with with stroller in tow (luckily its a Jeep). Walking the trails and seeing the spectacular view did actually make for a better trip.





My favorite Picture with my daughter



As I already said, the place was jumping...well, not really It was more of a slow, traffic-filled pace. Thus making the sightseeing a little frustrating. They did have an amazing planetarium show! Or so Kellee and Faith told me. I fell asleep. I mean how can you put someone in a dark room in a sofa seat that is completely reclined and listen to a soothing voice as you look into the heavens. I lasted about 3 minutes and I was out like a baby. But, if you go, don't let my narcolepsy keep you from seeing a show that everyone else in our party raved about.








0 comments: