Monday, December 3, 2007

Crystal Cove...The sand beneath my wings

The last time the Deane's came out it was just Jonathan out for a wedding. So me, him, and our friend Ben decided to meet up and hang out for a day. It started out with the idea of going to LA again and seeing the Dali exhibit as well as a list of other activities. The idea got scrapped and at Jonathan's behest we opted to stroll on the beach of Crystal Cove, go to Ben's shop and then head out to dinner at a fabulous Japanese place. I didn't take pics of us smoking cigars and eating cow tongues; for some reason I didn't want to bore you.

I know three guys walking on the beach is... well, you know the stereotype. However, I had good time taking pics and thinking that I would like to take my daughters and wife here. For someone that lives in So Cal, I am the first to admit that I am completely ignorant of the beaches we have here. I really only have two spots that I go when I head to the beach: Newport or Huntington. So to find another beach that is close and somewhat isolated is a nice find in my book.

Also, the state parks have taken over the cottages at Crystal Cove. So you can rent one for a couple days or so, but I'm told they have a 6-8 month waiting list. For all you lady readers, you'll be intrigued to know that one of the houses was used for the movie Beaches.

Lastly, Ruby's diner has a little spot at the top of the hill that sells some incredible shakes. I stuck with a traditional Orange flavor, but you offer a variety of flavors including a date shake.



Tunnel Leading to the Beach

Overhead view of the cottages



Combing the beach


The "Beaches" House Really just a runoff, but JAD and Ben thought it funny because the guy is one of the wealthiest people in Irvine.





Outside Eating area of the Ruby's Stand




1 comments:

contrarian 78 said...

Did you ever make it back to Crystal Cove? I'm thinking about going back up there sometime.....