Friday, August 10, 2007

The Mystery Spot



We left the sunny beach side boardwalk to head a little deeper into the Santa Cruz forest and find THE MYSTERY SPOT. Going here was a must on my to do list for the week, it was one of the factors that lead me north as opposed to the oven heated east. Apparently this was on a lot of other tourist list as well. If the boardwalk is the premier spot in Santa Cruz, well then THE MYSTERY SPOT was second runner up.

When we got there the parking lot was full, so we had to find a spot on the side of the highway and walk through the forest for ¼ mile. No big deal, but when we got to the ticket booth reality set in. We would be waiting for about an hour and fifteen minutes to take our tour, and it was a 45 minute tour. This meant that we would not make the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose if we stayed. I was frantic. I actually think that buckets of sweats were pouring out of my pores for 20 minutes as I tried to figure out how we were going to make it to the WMH. This was another must see on my list! I was almost ready to rearrange our plans right then and there so that I could fit in the WMH. We didn’t actually need to spend two full days in San Franciaco did we? It would be boring after one! However, my senses came to me and I decided that we would stop by the WMH on our way home.
Crowded HouseFaith's First Picture! We found a Bannana Slug on are way out! How great is that!

THE MYSTERY SPOT was everything a great roadside attraction should be. The mystery spot is a 150 curcular area where that is a gravitational anamoly. How did this become a spot on the earth where the forces of nature did not apply? Was it due to a magma vortex? Was it due to fault lines, or the earth’s magna? Or too much carbon dioxide permeating from the earth? THe hole in the Ozone? Could it possibly be due to buried UFO under the spot? We are never really told, but I suspect it has more to do with …. And charlatan tricks than Alien spacecraft (athough UFO’s in my mind are surely a great explanation).


I am suppose to be hold ing the bars straight at this angle.

Participating in the fun! I was the smallest person there; the lady on the other end is 6'9".

Truthfully, there are many of these places around the United States along the road. In fact, Knott’s Berry Farm use to have something very similar, but sadly Knott’s did away with this classic as it did SOAPBOX RACERS and the PARACHUTTE RIDE in place of Vomit-projecting thrill rides. No matter, the MYSTERY SPOT made my day! We then headed to our hotel room and to get something to eat.

2 comments:

abigail grace said...

Abigail is stoked to see the pictures of the mystery spot. That is on her must see list! She thinks the pics are so cool!

Selva said...

I assure no one ll enjoy will as like me in Alpine Peaks restaurant cause all my dreams came true only in Alpine
most part of my life filled with sorrows and tension but i got the meaning of realization in Alpine Peaks restaurant