Saturday, November 21, 2009

Redlands Bowl

On a boring monday afternoon in February, I packed the car and headed down the road to the city of Redlands. The purpose of the trip was to mainly to walk around and take pictures of my girls. Alas, all the family pictures and very little snapshots of places and things to see. For those of you that don't know Redlands, It's a college town that has a wonderful downtown section.

Most the pictures you see with the benches and some of the buildings were taken at the Redlands Bowl  a little outdoor community theater that host a summer concert and play every year. I'm pretty sure the play is free to the public. We went one year (about six or seven years a go) and watched The Sound of Music. From what I remember it was very well done and a delightful performance to sit through.

Redlands also has the only shrine dedicated to Abraham Lincoln on this side of the Mississippi. The picture of my two girls next to the fountain is at the sit of the shrine. We didn't go in though, because well...I don't care that much for Lincoln and I don't care much for shrines built for people I don't care much about. Maybe next time.
We also stopped for some sweet treats at Dough'Lectibles Bakery. It's been awhile so I can't quite remember what I ate, but I do remember thinking it was Oh Sweet Pleasures! So if you're in the area, check them out you're sweet tooth will thank me later. Also, they serve a lunch and dinner, as well as do the Tea thing for the ladies. Oh, yeah and they make cakes.

0 comments: