Saturday, November 14, 2009

MT. Rubidoux



Early one January morning, my daughter and I decided to hike Mt. Rubidoux in Riverside. Alright, I decided the place, but it was only because my daughter kept nagging me to take her hiking again. I had completed this hike once before for a Easter Sunrise Service. It was one of the more memorable services I have attended . Here is a link to some photos of last years service. I looked for current information, but I think it's still a little too early.

Back to the subject at hand, my daughter and I had an enjoyable time together and a blast on the hike. The only set back was the Parks Dpartment was doing maintence and construction to the roads and hillside that day. So all of the main access points were off limits. Thus we drove around for awhile trying to find a secret entrance. We finally found a back way, but it was no secret, half the neighborhood was walking the hill.  After we got to the top of the hill, we went off to explore, when we came back the road was taped off and been re-asphalted, leaving us cut-off from our exit route. The only thing to do was to put my daughter on my shoulder and leap acrossed the road in two olympian sized jumps.

Otherwise, it was a fun day with my daughter.

Oh, yeah and if you have the book Weird California check out the section on Mt. Rubidoux...One of my supervisors at work has been in those tunnels. Pretty cool.

0 comments: