Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sea World

This year for Faith's "Metcha" day this year, we went to Sea World(The day we went to Russia and actually met her). A lot of adoptive parents do a "Gothcha" Day, but the day she became ours was on her second birthday. Kellee and I haven't been to SW in seven years! The last time was our first anniversary. We went at the end of April, so we were able to get a season's pass for the price of admisson.

Faith had a good time; she loved feeding the Bat Rays. We couldn't feed the dolphins, I guess they close the feeding after 1:00 pm.


Verity did really well, she remained a trooper most of the day, but by the end she was a little cranky.

My favorite part of the day was going to see the Polar Bear. They have a cave exhibit, little kids can walk through that represents where a polar bear would live. Inside they have a tape relay of a Polar Bear roaring. Faith was scared to walk through, but wanted her Papa to do it. So, I walked in and told her everything was fine. Then the tape relay played and I acted like the Polar Bear was getting me and dragging me away. Faith stood there frozen, eyes widened, her jaw dropped, and she let out a horrified blood-curdling scream! I had to run out of the cave and assure her that everything was alright. Then we both laughed- hers a little more nervous than mine. It was a Jack Handy, father-daughter moment.

After Sea World, I wanted to eat at a pizza place I had seen on the Food Network. However, I couldn't quite remember the name, so we called Kellee's mom and had her try to look it up for us. I thought we struck gold and figured it out... a place called A New York Style Pizzeria. But when we got there I realized it was the wrong place. Still the Pizza was sold by the slice and very scrumptious. However, the owner and pizza maker was wearing a Boston Red Sox hat. That soured the experience a little for me. They did have some Bronx Dodgers memorabilia on the wall, but it felt contrived after seeing the Boston lover. The place I wanted to go to is called
Bronx Pizza. I guess with a season pass to Sea World, there is always next time.

Faith watching the Show


Verity trying not to get too much sun.



They must be from Pittsburgh.




She's a star...fishStuck on you!
Who do you think is angrier?


Faith and I sat in the soak zone!

1 comments:

abigail grace said...

Too funny....poor faith, her papa traumatizing her once again.