Sunday, May 18, 2008

66 Post

This is my 66 post on the Roadside Traveler! So I thought I would post a couple pics of places I have been that are on or near the Mother Road.

Besides just being my 66 post, a friend of mine has rekindled my dream as of late, to take screaming, frustrated girls across the country on the Mother Road. I want to tell them, "don't make me come back there!" or, "Don't make me pull this car over!" Oh, how I want to sleep in flea-infested motels.I crave greasy diner food that has been seasoned with the cook's last few remaining hairs on his head and unwashed hands. I want to travel down decayed, weather-beaten highways that no one travels any longer. To overheat and breakdown on the side of barren roads; scream obscenities at the few passing motorist for not stopping to lend a hand! I want my girls to get Truck drivers to Honk by making pulling motions with their arms. I want to pretend not to see passing motorcycle gangs as they give me the bird for driving to slow. i simply want the American adventure...The road trip on the Mother Road.




2 comments:

abigail grace said...

O.K. you had me when you were talking about the 66 greatness, the truck drivers and all.... but you lost me on your very discriptive and gross food cravings,so very very disturbing.

contrarian 78 said...

I think we need to clarify how this trip would go in an ideal world.