Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Carnie Exhibits

I know that I just posted a blog on my trip to the LA Fair on my other site and probably have no business posting something here since it's not really a offbeat-travel-location (though it took me about 45 minutes to get there), but there were a couple whacky side shows we check out while we were there.

It was funny, standing in front of these two spots really wanting to go in and seeing my in-laws face thinking "she has the curiosity bug as well". Still it took a couple minutes to muster up the courage to state the obvious- that we should really check out these carnie exhibits.

The first was the smallest horse in the world! Now we walked up a trailer, paid a dollar and then looked "down" upon the horse. So it's quite easy to tell that this is a gimmick and there is an optical illusion at play. However the horse was still small and angry. I suppose he was tired of being gazed upon while in his tiny jail cell all day.


Then I went in and checked out the worlds largest Steer. Now though I've grown up in cow country, I am still ignorant to the bovine ways. It is quite possible that this is not the largest cow in the world, but MAN he was still intimidating! My head only came to the top of his legs.



0 comments: